Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Reality Use to Be a Friend of Mine

There was a time in my life when all things were serene; meaning my kids thought I was cool,they needed me, wanted me,and my life didnt seem as hectic. I may not of had as much material things as I do now, but it didnt seem to really matter.

Fourteen years and 6 months ago... I had a beautiful baby girl, much like this one:


I wanted a baby girl so bad, it was heart wrenching. My entire pregnancy I went through basically alone.

I was destined to be a single mom..which was fine by me because I was going to have a beautiful baby by my side.

Then it happened, she got a father that took care of her from the time she was a few weeks old til present... he has never looked back and has always been there for her.

I got my baby girl and its now 14 in half years later and reality is quickly setting in.



My sweet and innocent baby girl is turning into a hormonaly wrecked teenage woman that doesnt quite live in the reality that we do.

In her reality.. her parents are out to get her, we are mean and vicious...and our only purpose is to make her cry and make her life hell.

In my reality, we give her everything, keep her safe and do the best that we can with what we have. Sure we have disagreements..occasionally!

I did with my parents too...but Im pretty sure they werent out to make me cry on purpose or that they were "out to get me".

In her reality, everything should be like the "Brady Bunch" or like at her friends house (sorry Suzi) and its just not... we ARE a normal dysfunctional American family.

The truth is we are a blended family.. you dont notice the problems of blended families until the hormones kick in... then its..."your not my father"!!

That my friends is her reality, its my reality and it sucks BIG TIME!!

Holy Crud.. WE have one more girl to go through all this craptastic stuff with..yeah for us!!

If you feel the need, you can go ahead and order two of these for us:



Seriously though, you love your children unconditionally..we do, we always will, even through the rough spots.

I may need someone to send Lassie for help at some point...when we are deep in the well and cant get out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nixie said...

I'll help you out... somehow.
Hugs!

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know we have Halie fooled into thinking things are always A-OK around here in our very own dysfunction! I'm actually really super mean and overprotective, you know, from Kelly's perspective, because I—GASP!—phone the mom when somebody invites her to a party!

Teenagers are tricky. I think high school is going to keep them so busy that they won't have time to complain about anything! Of course, they won't have time to clean their room, pick up their towels, do dishes. . .or any of the other things they're supposed to do, but don't!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home