Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Ghetto Mart

I had quite the experience today at lunch and I HAD to share. Keep in mind, that if I didnt absolutely love my eye doctor, I would NEVER step foot into this store...ever!!!



This store is a serious International Fashion Emergency episode waiting to happen,as soon as you pull into the parking lot (now I dont want to be judgemental) but good lord, I thought I was is Anoka for a minute....!!

The mullets, the wedgies, the mismatched colors, the tight rolled pants.. it was blinding, and no one speaks English or they speak broken English-and badly, and its Bloomington for petes sake.

Now, I ONLY go to this store to see my wonderful optometrist Dr. Hadden. He is so amazing to me, that I wouldnt dream of going anyplace else.

So, I go into to WalMart to order my contacts, and the one person I DONT want to be working, is of course working.. the older Russian lady named Natasia, of whom I can barely understand. She is a super nice gal, and she seems to be fluent enough in English, she just cant speak it clearly. Geez, I just hope she orders the correct contacts for me...hmmmpfh.

Anyway, the good Dr. was at lunch and I of course have to try and convince Natasia that I needed to leave Dr. Hadden a message about getting some samples until my contacts come in (which he always gives me). You would of thought I said: Stick "em Up! Give me all the money out of the register!!



It took some convincing, but I finally left him a message on a piece of recycled paper, and left. As I was walking out to the car, the little Merry-Go-Round was running and it only has three little horses on it, built big enough for 2-5 year olds, tops!! There had to 6 maybe 7, 10 year old little mexican girls on it having a great time. The funny part was, the Merry-Go-Round was not making "happy" music like usual.. the music it was making this time.. was one of strain. It was pitiful and Ohhhh so funny at the same time.

As I got into my car and started to get out of the parking lot and on my way out of Bloomington (Meatloafs Like a Bat Outta Hell suddenly came to Mind), I got a call on my cell phone. I answered it and on the other end was this very quite Russian voice,"Are you far away?" she asked.
Not a "hi", not a "how are you", not a "this is"... or anything.... but a "Are you far away?"
I of course quickly replied, "Um, no Im turning back into the parking-lot now, Ill be there in a minute."
"Good!Dr. gave you contacts,tray 1275" click!
Then there was silence......

How weird! So not only did I see bizarre clothing, even some camel toe (yes I said it), horrible dental plans, hairdo's from an un-known era...and the Russian lady kinda makes me laugh, then there was the miserable Merry-Go-Round..thats just good 'ol comedy right there. So if your feeling adventureous and need a "chuckle" ... take a drive to the Bloomington GhettoMart.. stop in a tell Dr. Hadden I said Hi.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you think I moved to "Anoka"
it is better to live in a town still thinking it's 1988 than "Ghettoville"

8:44 AM  
Blogger Nixie said...

Hey Peggy!
I AM in Hicksville!!! I dare you to walk in this Walmart!!
I avoid it like the plague!!!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home