Sunday, November 05, 2006

A girl and her lipstick

Im standing at a crossroads.. wondering which way to go.. and Im stuck

One road is dark, a bit muddy and I can tell that there will be some hills along the way. Ive studied the map, yet, I'm not sure that I want to take "that" particular road.

*yet*

The other road, does not appear to much better, although I have traveled it before. I think I remember where it leads. Even though I have been here before, my travels will not be easy.

Road 1: HR:

Road 2: Macy's
I have said all along that I wanted to get my degree to go back into the Cosmetology / Cosmetics industry - THAT is where my passion lies. I can do HR within that feild easily. To do that, I dont expect to waltz in and take over an HR department.. that would be ridiculous... however, starting over is a bit scary to me.

I had my interview at Macy's on Saturday- and it went VERY well. My interviewer started off like she started off every interview Im sure.. when I showed her my portfolio.. the air in the room changed, her body language changed and all of a sudden... her whole attitude changed. Not that she had an attitude before... but, she started to talk with me differently.

After a few minutes, her focus had changed to opportunities within Macy's and the individual counters and what could be possible for me BY January.. if I were to start.

Have I told you how passionate I was about this ???

<-- THIS is what gets my juices juicing.
I cant help my kids with
their math homework
but I do amazing things
in this industry.

So my interviewer mentioned that she was going to chat with HR and a few different Account Rep's from a few different lines to see if we can put me into a Counter Manager position immediately- with hopes of moving into an Account Rep position or even higher.

Why this is a more difficult decision for me is, I really DO want to do HR... however, I really DO want to do this as well...

..is this step down.... or a step in my new career to get to where I need to be? After all, my degree is a Business Mgt Degree for crying out loud... with a minor in HR..

I think I know my answer...



Well, I DO have an interview at Sodexho on Wednesday.. maybe that will be the company to change everything!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what to tell you, but you are really really gifted when it comes to making people look their best. I think many people who work at the cosmetic counter spend their days poofing random colors on random parts of random faces. You would immediatly develop a very loyal clientele, because people appreciate being made to actually look good!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home