Thursday, October 12, 2006

That face... that vacation...



This is the face of a happy girl. A girl at Animal Kingdom.

A girl that is soon to ride Everest- the most sought after attraction at all four Disney parks.




This is the same face..after 8 hours of FUN in 90+ degree weather .. and waiting for our shuttle.

Yep, she's tired, acting a bit crazed- and ready to crash and burn at any moment.

Man we had fun!


A really great shot of Everest- the ride really was awesome and worth the 40 minute wait!









Universal was my favorite!

I could of easily spent two days there doing everything that they had to offer..it was incredible.

They also had their Halloween Nights happening after hours.. and the sets were decorated very "scary", it was all totally rad!



I got see my daughter laugh, run and skip.

She encouraged ME to do things that I normally wouldnt do and I got to take lots of great pictures of her doing amazing things.




In the airport on the way home, as we were waiting to board the plane, there was a family sitting and waiting patiently with their daughter, whom the daughter had obviously been afflicted with some form of cancer. The little girl had to be maybe 3 or 4 and all I could do was think of the wonderful opportunity I had just had with my daughter, the opportunities that I have with both of my daughters.. and I am so thankful each and every day.

This little girl had the most infectious smile.. and you hear that about people that are ill, and it was true. She was completely bald, ashy and obviously not feeling well.. and yet, she still had this amazing smile on her face and kept making little cutesy eyes at me. She melted my heart.

My vacation with my daughter was truly more than a vacation, and I think I learned it that day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun! I mean the vacation with Randi, not the having cancer when you're a little kid. That is NOT fun, I imagine :-(

I agree with you about Universal Studios. That's my favorite. I especially like Back to the Future, even though it's kind of old school now. LOVE that ride!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home