Monday, October 02, 2006

My Night with a STAR

I know some pretty cool people, I really do. Occasionally, I get to meet other really cool people.

On Friday, I didnt have a lot planned and had the opportunity to go and check out LoveTapes..

a play that Penn Jilette co-wrote (a very cool person- #1)

Now the play itself was awesome
and the actors were incredible, but there was one particular actor that I actually got to meet and hang out with after the play, and I was totally in awe.



Actor Dean Cameron (very cool person- #2)

You might remember him from:

Ski School
Summer School
Men at Work
Fast Times (TV Series)
Rockula
and other 80's movies
-with a few things here & there






If that picture doesnt jog your memory, maybe this one will stir up something for you.
<-------------

Yep, that is correct.. I got to share nachos with the one and only Dean Cameron.

He is so incredibly grounded & down to earth.

We all went to this little bar, near the Hennepin Theatre and sat there for nearly two hours just chatting and eating. He doesnt drink or smoke anymore and it was a real treat to listen to him talk about some of the "stupid" movies he has made and some of the crazy /fun people he has worked with (in a non-bragging way)..

We treated him just like he had been hanging out with us for years and he really appreicated that I think... and in return, we had an amazing evening...WITH A STAR!!






p.s. I confessed to him that I LOVE "STUPID" movies.. including his.... yes, I said his movies were stupid! I could of died. Of course he agreed and told me he loved stupid movies as well.. and asked if I "Had seen Rockula... the most stupid movie of ALL time!"... of course I had!

Now I have to go rent the damn thing and watch it again - it been 20 years....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home