Friday, November 04, 2005

Bad Parent: Reason #2

Im sure there are many reasons why I am a great parent, but when you have a soon to be 15 year old, the only reasons that matter.. are the reasons why you are a BAD parent.

Reason Number 2, why I am a BAD parent:

Halie is grounded, and I am a bad parent for making this so. The reason, seems to be unjust, unfair, bogus, everyone else thinks that its stupid, everyone else's parents wouldnt do that, and I am just MEAN.

Halie's Freshman year of highschool is a bit of an eye-opener for her as far as her "grades" go.. I know that she is trying, her homework is being turned in.. I can see that. Her school has a wonderful tool online called the Parent Porthole where I can check her grades (she thinks its evil Im sure) but her quizez and tests tell me a different story. Here lies the problem.

She doesnt bring home a stitch of homework.... nothing at all! She does all of her homework at "school", and she doesnt study for anything at all...ever.. because she says she doesnt need too, she gets help at school when she feels as if she needs it.

Ive contacted the teachers, done what a mother can do... made the usual threats... nothing has worked.

Ive now resorted to.......Grounding! Her homework shows that she knows how to do the work, but she tests poorly.. (understandable) She needs to learn how to organize herself and learn how to study... until I actually physically see her bring home stuff nightly to either work on or study.... to help bring up her grades... she will be grounded.

I need to know that she wants to make an attempt to change her grades.

This my friends makes me a bad parent. I am so unlike any other parent out there, I am alone in this universe...... blah blah blah.....NOT!

and I thought potty training was hard...

4 Comments:

Blogger Nixie said...

awwww man.... I'm just in the potty training... and I get the "HURUMPH" from ella on that... you mean it gets WORSE????

Thanks.. thanks for brightening my future... man... tough love...

All seriousness?
Rock on for caring enough about her to try to make a difference!!!

That's what a GREAT mom does!!!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I need all that I can get!!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peg, as a girl directly in between you and Halie's age I can tell you you are totally doing the right thing. Parents who care enough to force a change in thier kids behavior are the only ones raising responsible & accountable children that will one day be able to properly raise thier own children. Way to go Peg you deserve a pat on your back.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Sniff sniff.. thanks hunnie.. you know I luv ya

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home