Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A new journey

Today, Ive been asked to embark on a new journey. One that I have dreamed of, planned on and even asked for.. never to imagine that it would actually happen.

Today, I was asked to take over our HR department. It hasnt been "officially" announced yet, but I am elated, terrified, thrilled, scared, happy, nervous and very anxious about starting this journey.

I will not fail.. I can not..

There has been much turmoil in our company as you are well aware, and I for one have felt that along with everyone else. This is a great opportunity for me to shine and shine brightly.. like never before. I have a lot riding on this and a many are "waiting to see"... I know it.

I will not fail.. I can not.

I have dedicated and sacrificed much of families time and my own sanity to get through school to be a part of something BIGGER... to be a part of HR...because I believe in the cause, I believe in people, I believe in creating something better, for organizations everywhere.

I will not fail .. I can not.

There are wonderful people in my life that I know support me 100%, and I know that there are people at work that will be thrilled with the announcement. I think that my history here will help us, it will help build stronger relationships with people and people will be more apt to come to me because of that.. or so I hope.

Its my hope that, people will still love me.. for all the same reasons that they currently do... that I can carry that over to HR with me.

I will succeed...because I want to!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nixie said...

CONGRATS!!! :D

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOWOWOWOWOW, Peggy! That is just fabulous news! Congratulation! We should go out and celebrate. . .or maybe we should wait until you fire your first idiot. JUST KIDDING! I know that's not what your new job is all about. You're going to shine!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home