Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Understanding..Reflection..Moving on

The majority of things that happen in my life I understand, and then, there are things that happen that I dont "clearly" understand.

For the things in my life that I dont understand, I either try to figure them out, research them or ask around about it them until I DO in fact understand what the problem is.

I am going to be in HR one day, creating a more positive change for employees in some organization somewhere, having a true to life open door policy where employees can come to ME free from fear that I may judge them, come to ME with their ideas and goals for the future that I may somehow be able to help them with.

One day, I WILL be a positive influence in someone's life.. even when it comes to firing someone...(yes, even that can be done correctly)

My company is going through a re-organization process....still....this process has been happening since last November and today, we lost a few more people. I realize, that this process doesnt:

1. get any easier 2. happen over night 3. can take different turns throughout its course

but I have to tell you, today was really hard....emotionally.

Ive been at my company for over four years, and for the past year and half... I have been on this journey of discovery with everyone.. only, we arent sure what we are looking for yet....and it doesnt seem to be able, to be clearly defined by anyone.

Im tired! Im not tired of my job or the people that I work with, just the extended journey that we are on and losing people that we have grown to care about and even love.

So what do I do? Try to understand the "Powers that Be" decisions for the day? Knowing that I myself will be in the same situation at some point in my career, knowing that I will be held accountable for telling someone that they are no longer needed in the company? Be thankful that it wasnt me.. this time 'round? Or sit back and reflect on all the good that we have done, that I have done..?

I clearly have some "thoughts" about my soon to be chosen career....Im very passionate about treating people, not employees.. with the utmost respect... and I think dragging out this "process" has had some wear and tear on the company and its killing us, what we were.

I wish the "others" could see it... could hear it... would "allow" themselves to see it, to hear it...

3 Comments:

Blogger Nixie said...

Wow.

Sorry you had such a shitty day.

I'm glad you are going forward in your career path, you will be an awesome person to turn to when people need help, or someone on their "side"

Hugs

10:07 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Thank you baby.....

Every time I go through this.. it re-confirms WHY I want to be in HR...

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. That's rough :-( I'm sure you'll be an awesome HR wonk, but the separations will never be pleasant.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home