Wednesday, November 16, 2005

..and another thing

as a woman, I have the same worries that most women do.. and try to take all the precautions necassary to make sure that I am healthy: I dont really drink, I dont smoke, I dont really party any more, and I do my regular self breast exams..

Yup, Im pretty boring!!

So, when I started having some serious pain in my right breast, I began to worry but kept my mouth shut. WHY, you might ask?? Because there is a serious history of Lymphoma cancer in my family and I was terrified.

I know, but as I have said.. I AM a dumb ass....

Anyway, this pain has been happening for months....literally. Not just in my breast, but under my armpit as well..... HELLO! again.. I am a dumb ass.

Finally, I mentioned this to my husband, and he urged me to go to the doctor, but did I make that appointment... NOOOoooo, why listen to HIS reasoning.

I mentioned it in passing to Krisy, over a beer during Happy Hour one evening and she gave me a different perspective.... she made me look at it differently and urged me to make the appointment...and I took her advice.

The following Monday, I made an appointment.

The appointment ended up: inconclusive, BUT, we know that there is something under my armpit and I am now on my way to:


Scared? absolutely!







So, come Monday the 21st..Ill be all decked out in my pretty little hospital gown, that wont close all the way.

The cool hospital wind will be blowing up my ass.... and the person doing the mammogram will have ice cold hands, of course ( I think its a requirement) and the machine will squish my boob into 1 1/2 " thick, then as if that wont be enough... the ultrasound gel.. will be at -20 degrees and rubbed all over my entire right side, sending me into shock. At which time I will start shaking violently from freezing.....

Yipppee!! Sounds like a good time to me!

Wish me luck....pray.. cast a No Disease spell.. send love... do whatever you do to make this come out alright!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nixie said...

Wow.

I am sending good ... strike that... GREAT energy vibes your way....

Let me know...so I can breathe again.


LOVE
HUGS
me!

OH.. and on behalf of your other friends.. thank krisy for us.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes, Peggy. That doesn't sound the least bit entertaining. Of course you'll worry, but the fact that your regular doctor didn't find a big ol' lump is encouraging. There are lots of things that could be causing pain in that area, like pulled muscles and swollen glands.

I'll throw in some prayers for good measure, though.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home