Thursday, July 06, 2006

(((((((sigh)))))))

I have this little problem, and I need some help. Ok, I need a lot of help.

Some of you might say that its not a problem at all, while others of you will say, Yeppers Peg, that's a whopper of a problem, thats for sure.

Ive mentioned this problem a time or two before... at various stages of development, and yet, every new stage seems to be a total suprise to me.. I ask you, HOW THE HELL CAN THAT BE??

Its not like I fell of the damn turnip truck yesterday, I mean I DO have some background with this sort of "issue"...

My problem is this:










My "baby" is growing up, and I finally had to admit it. ((((((sigh))))))

Ive had a really hard time adjusting. I admit it..I of all people would of been the person to tell other people, "You have to just let them grow up and think of all the positive" and now I have to eat my own words... Yeah, that's tough!

Halie has evolved over night or so it would seem, from that picture.. to this:








But you know, it hasnt stopped there.. the haircut wasnt enough, nor was the haircolor change.. ohh no, she wanted to go even further.... Ohhh yes people, we are talking about a piercing!!

She had to have, must have, or would be the laughing stock of all of Apple Valley.. if she didnt pierce her nose....

I of course said NO WAY, she said, "All of my friends do it at school in the bathroom, can I just do my own?"

I of course said "Sure" thinking that there was no way in hell that she would actually do it...she appeared to be very dedicated to the cause and serious enough to warrant some supervision so I gave her the proper guidance and tools.. and let her do it! What was I going to do...I totally thought she was bluffing.

So now, she has once again evolved:





Now she is the "oh so meloncholy teen with 15 yr old angst with a pierced nose".. or whatever she is attempting today... I never really know. All I know is she has a new group of friends (which are nice but drive..arghh) and she is never home!!

So I have had to learn to let go.. somewhat. As a parent, how the heck do we know how much?? I mean seriously, we have enough to deal with, cant someone just give me a freak'n bullet point list already to let me know...... or a pie chart, that would be swell.

All I know is, the growing up stuff is really HARSH'N MY MELLOW ....


Ohhh, and an update on the "kidney stone ordeal".. I still have the damn thing, for F$%K sake! I have an appt with the Urologist on the 11th..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peg, call me I can';t get ahold of you!!! Sorry I wish i knew what to say but I think your fucked covers it.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home