Saturday, June 10, 2006

Jerrid.......

Today, is a day that would make any mother proud...


Today, my dear friend Danielle had a graduation party for her son Jerrid...a boy, that has been much like my own son over the past 8.5 years.





Today, Jerrid proved that you can be in a punk rock band, believe in your dreams and yourself, graduate early from school while being on the honor roll....

...Yet, still be a really wonderful kid.... and have masses of fans!







I remember the days when bleaching out the top of his hair was "cool", skateboarding was going to be his way of life... and getting his ears pierced was a big deal.

He now has dyed his hair multi colors, has had a mohawk (which I advocated for), has 2 tattoos, and still calls to let his mom know where he is or if he is going to be late.





As I mentioned before, Jerrid is in a punk rock band, The ScumBoys.. and they just released their first ever real CD!!

The boys (all four of them) went into the studio and cut the CD, it took them 5 hours and cost them about $500, but they are so excited. They sell their CD's for $5...

I of course got an autographed copy!! I feel so special....They play venues all over.. mostly St.Cloud area, Big Lake..St.Paul





The ScumBoys!! Chris, John, Jerrid and Wyatt


I had always hoped, wished, prayed and begged for my stepson (whom I always thought of as my son AND who is also the same age as Jerrid) to stay the course.

I would of loved to have thrown him a graduation party, but he chose another path for himself.

Im more than envious of Danielle I must say, she has gotten her step son graduated... and now her son.

So far Im 0-4. I have two more chances.






I think that is every mothers right, the right to be able to order a cake like this, or similar to this for their child....


dammit, I will have my day.. in 2009!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ZERO-NINE-ZERO-NINE-ZERO-ZERO-ZERO-NINE!

That's what they shout at pep fests, and yes, it will be here before you know it, and Halie's cake will be way girlier than Jerrid's. I foresee glitter on the frosting.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home