Sunday, October 14, 2007

Scenic Drive of Death-

The family was in need of a mini vacation so we decided to head off to one of our favorite places- the North Shore.

We got to Duluth and stayed at a very nice hotel with a water park inside and had a ton of fun with the girls (we wont mention the inner tube fiasco- ok) and we got a relatively decent start the next morning on our next adventures.

We had no set plans what-so-ever!!

We stopped at Gooseberry Falls, and Toms Logging Camp (THAT is one of our favorites- its a bit cheesy but a lot of fun)



The Next part of our journey took us up to Two Harbors, where the trip went "deadly" im sad to report.

We all know and understand the circle of life- I also grew up in the country and hunting was a partof lifestyle at that time- however, I have a very hard time with what I saw today.

Not only did I see it ONCE- but I saw this disturbing vision TWICE! For anyone that knows me- they know that this particular animal is one of my absolute favorites- truly!!


Again, I know in order to keep the populations down- you have to be able to control the herds and all the jazz-

I just kept seeing this poor gals head in some shop that sells cheap souveniers somewhere.

So, I for one will never be able to look at a Moose Head hanging anywhere, ever again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grossness! At least when it's on a wall somewhere, we won't have its bloody butt staring us in the face.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home