Tuesday, August 08, 2006

another concert..

I would like to think that I am pretty cool, as far as moms go. My music taste varies and I try to keep up with what is happening now...

What I really think makes me so cool though, is my love of ALL types of music...I have everything from Bill Withers to LSG to Stevie Wonder to QTip downloaded and everything inbetween ...but I can not deny that I still have a thing for alternative/heavy/rock/metal..

I AM a product of the 80's after all.

I can go to the opera one night and the next night go to a Tool concert and all will be well.

Where is this leading..? Well, I am taking Halie and Kelly to see Staind and Breaking Benjamin..tomorrow night!

I am personally, very excited!

I got to see them last year, and they were amazing!

Now, the girls seem to think that I may "mosh" and/or "head bang" and think that the thought of that is SO incredibly funny.. however, Staind is not exactly the right atmosphere for moshing..and besides

This mamma will not be partaking in any headbanging-mosherific activities, as I will for sure.. throw something outta whack..and realistically, homey dont play that.

Staind is a very emotionally charged experience, with lyrics that will make you stop and think!

Staind is not about screaming into the microphone, or playing so loud that your ears bleed, its all about music that comes from a deeper place and has a message or a story to be told.

So...Staind..here we come!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quote from Kelly McDonough:

. . .it was sweeeeet. Peggy elbowed a guy right in the eye.

You are most definitely the coolest mom, and I bow to you, as I was NOT ALLOWED to set foot in First Avenue even though I wanted to see Reel Big Fish. The reason? Quoting again: Because Peggy can pull it off

Thank you so much for taking Kelly. She is still giddy.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home