Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Memories Of

- Memories of-

The old swing set, broke and rusty
The woods where I played and wondered
The creek that flowed nearby, and allowed me to imagine
The pasture that housed the old white mare, alone
The secret hiding places that everyone new of
The blue jay that mistook my brothers sandy blonde hair for straw
The endless roads to which we rode our bikes

Dreams of "what if"
Dreams of "if I"
Dreams of "when I"
Dreams of "not soon enough"

The small mid-west town ideals
The glorious old schools
The ability to know everything about everyone
The hang out place for coffee
The farmers in the fields, that always waved
The prairie grass that blew in the wind
The undying friendships still present

Dreams of "one day"



Yes, believe it or not.. that was wrote by yours truly! Im not real sure what got into me this one day...but I "spewed" it out in literally a few moments time...and its kind of haunted me ever since.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Colonel said...

welcome to the blogging world peggy!
you can check out mine
here
&
here

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, Peggy! I didn't know you were a poet!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home